Monday, November 15, 2010

The last couple of weeks

Things have been a little slow the past couple of weeks, hence I have not been writing. There have been a couple of family issues, one being that my great uncle died, and the other that my uncle is in the hospital. My great uncle had a fall down the stairs and sustained a head injury. He was in the hospital for a while, but in the end passed away. My uncle has fluid in his lungs, but has been having trouble paying for the treatment. I'm not sure what the difficulty is exactly, but he's out of the hospital, but still having to go in and have the fluid removed, which he says is really painful. They're still working on how to pay for this stuff. He and my aunt are both retired, so I think they are both on Medicare. Even then, it's been $250 at a time for the doctor visits. I'm not sure why, but I don't know enough about how Medicare works to advise them. I guess it's just the proximity to my great uncle's hospital visit that scares me so much. He could recover and be okay, but I'm scared that he won't make it because he can't afford the treatment. He'd been feeling bad before that, so I suppose he should have gone to the doctor sooner. I don't know.

Anyway, that's pretty much it. Somewhat eventful, but there's not really much I can do. I don't like that feeling at all.

No comments: