Friday, October 1, 2010

Medical tests

Today, it was time for some tests that needed to be done a long time ago. The only bad thing was that I will probably have to have more tests done, since I don't think the ones the doctor ordered are adequate. All she wanted to test of my thyroid was TSH, and you really should also do a Free T3 or something in addition. Keep in mind, of course, that I am phobic of needles and I'm also a huge wuss when it comes to pain. If I can get used to it, like the knee pain, that's one thing. But sharp pain that's only once in a while is hard to get used to. I also needed an EKG. I am taking Geodon, and that can make you prone to heart problems and diabetes. She did a fasting glucose test to check the latter. The EKG, however, was written separately. The form was filled out incorrectly, which caused me to have to wait while they waited for a corrected form to be faxed over. However, with the Center for Health Care Services (where my doctor works and is in a different building), everything takes forever. The tech told them over the phone that I was waiting, but that didn't speed them along. I waited for an hour. The tech said that the computer won't save the results if the wrong code is there, but she did the test anyway after a while and said she won't submit it until she gets the form. However, that depends on how long it takes to get the form. If she didn't get the form by 4pm, all the exam results will be submitted or lost. So, I may have to retake that one. I hope not. I hate going there as that's where I was hospitalized. You also have to pay to park and they don't validate.

On top of that, I get home and I was trying to burn a CD of the photos I took at the Crowded House concert for a friend, and the drive in my computer is not working. I have no idea why, but it has just suddenly decided to stop burning CDs. I checked the discs on another computer, so this time it's not the discs. I have no idea how to correct this situation. I probably need either a new DVD-RW drive, or else a new computer. Obviously, we can afford neither. I have no idea how much these tests are going to cost. No one could tell me, although I asked around. Also, there's the hospital bill that needs to be paid somehow. It's not a good time right now.

No comments: