Sunday, October 31, 2010

Boring, boring, boring

Not much to report at present. Nothing much going on. I have been hiking a couple of times, at night, but with a group, so not as scary as it could have been. It was fun and I could take Bucky. So both of us get exercise and I'm also being a little more social than my ordinary life usually allows. I'm trying to get out and meet people and make friends. So far, I've met some nice people, but not made any friends. Going to keep at it, though.

The medical stuff is in a hiatus for a couple of weeks, thank goodness. I'm really sick of it and hoping I don't have to go back for quite a while. I have 2 doctors' appointments in one week and yet another blood test to schedule (just another TSH. I wish he'd do a full panel. I don't trust the TSH test by itself). Not fun. I hope I can put that off a little longer.

Other than that, my life is pretty dull. I've been reading a lot, which I always enjoy. I wish I could be painting, but really need some new paints. I've already talked about my wish to go back to oils, but that will have to wait, I suppose. I think I should keep at the acrylics for a while yet. I may decide I like them better than oils. Who knows?

Right now I have Bucky sulking and refusing to come near me until I give him a treat. I usually give him one before bed, but he's come to demand it earlier in the evening, then expect another one later on. I refuse, of course. I presume he's got me mostly trained!

I did get a couple of albums from the library, and now I can burn CDs. The new drive came in the mail and actually works. That means the computer is fine. It was just the drive that went bad. What a relief! I was dreading that moment. How much? The drive wasn't that expensive, thank goodness, although hard enough to pay for with all the other expenses from last month. The credit card bill comes to $160. Dad always wants to pay it off in it's entirety, so this will be a difficult month for us. I wish I could work and help with the bills. : (

No comments: