Saturday, January 8, 2011

Another gripe...

Maybe some of my other gripes are pretty minor, but this one, I think, has justification. I go to my doctor's appointment on Tuesday, the one I really didn't think was necessary. I was a little early because I'd heard they'd moved the visitor and patient parking lot further down the block and I wasn't sure how far I'd have to walk. Plus, it was raining, so I allowed more time just for that. They got my information pretty quickly and then showed me to an examining room.

The previous time I'd been down there for an appointment, I'd had to wait a long time and I'd thought they'd forgotten about me. So I was prepared to wait a while. I kept looking at the clock. I'd been waiting for 30 minutes. 1 hour. 1 hour and 15 minutes. 1 hour and a half. Finally TWO HOURS later, the doctor came in. She offered no apology or explanation at all. She just said, "How are you feeling?" "Tired" was my reply, because I was trying not to go off on her. Perhaps I should have, I don't know.

The chair I'd had to wait in was really uncomfortable and my back was hurting pretty badly and I kept having to shift positions. I knew I'd be sorry later. Certainly enough, I've been having bad back pain since then, despite the ibuprofen and heating pad I've been using. Really, I'd like a deep tissue massage, but can't afford it. But that might actually get the painful knots out. Nothing else seems to work. : (

Normally, after an appointment, I've mentioned, you have to wait for an hour to be dismissed. However, I was there so long that they were closing, so the doctor solicitously offered to mail my next appointment so that I wouldn't have to wait. Uh, yeah. I don't think I would have waited whether they wanted me to or not. Plus, I doubt they wanted to stay after closing.

Afterward, since it was the last day to start the new pack of pills, I had to go to HEB right away and hope the pharmacy was still open. Yes. Then, I had to wait for my prescription to be filled. Another 40 minutes passed, although the chair was much less uncomfortable. I was still in pain, though. It was late when I got home, too late for the plans I'd made the week before.

Right now, I've just taken some ibuprofen and it's now about 4 days later, but the medication is still not really helping. The heating pad is really restrictive since I can't get any errands or chores done. I can't afford to buy a bunch of those one use pads that don't have a cord. I wish I had the $26 for a 30 minute massage. I'd prefer an hour, but I'd take the 30 minute one. Ugh.

No comments: