Sunday, June 10, 2007

Neil Finn as Phil Specter?

Really, what was he thinking? Crowded House on Conan O'Brien on Friday night should have been fantastic. But, I couldn't even hear the song, his hair was so distracting! If it had been curly it would have made a 'fro. It was crazy. Not really a normal Neil Finn style. Maybe in the days of Split Enz it would have made more sense, especially if he'd have spiked it or something. But now? What was he thinking? Don't get me wrong, I love the man and the band. They're one of my favorite artists (some of my favorite artists? How would you say that?). Always have been. But I guess I hope he cuts it soon. I wanted to do it myself, but hey. He was on TV. I doubt if I saw them in concert they'd let me jump onstage and do it. It would look like I was trying to attack him with scissors. But it looks bad. I always thought he had more sense than that.

In other news, I did have another job interview. It was yet another temp agency, so if you're keeping track, that makes four that I'm now registered at. You'd think this would result in an abundance of jobs, but no. Anyway, the job was as a photographer for a company that does tests on automobile engines. They need someone to photograph the engines and parts to show the results of the tests. Really, doesn't sound horribly interesting, but maybe it would be better than I'm thinking. Good parts about it: 1) It would be a lot of darkroom experience, which I've always enjoyed and 2) I would still get to do some digital work which I'd like more experience doing as well. We'll see. I'm not holding my breath because I've had a lot of these interviews and so far I've not heard a peep out of these temp agencies unless I call them myself. Still hasn't resulted in any job offers.

Anyway, I'll keep everyone updated, even if you don't want me to. : ) I'm just mean that way.

No comments: