Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Absentee blogger

I know it's been a while. I did go to FW to visit R and co., but that only accounted for a week. Dad and I got back on Friday, exhausted. It literally took 2 hours to get halfway through Austin. Only halfway! As my carsickness got worse, Dad decided to pull off the highway, such as it was, and try cutting through downtown, which helped to a point. We did eventually have to get back on the highway, and were back in the traffic from hell. We never did see an accident or any such thing to account for it, so it's really still a mystery to us why it was so horrible. I mean, there's always traffic in Austin, but this was worse than we've ever seen it. I think R described something like that when she came down for Christmas, but it wasn't even a holiday last weekend.

Anyway, our visit was good. Got to see E a lot and go to Starbucks. Did some shopping. There's not a lot of tourist stuff to do in FW. I mean, you can do it once, then you don't really need to do it again. Just not much to do there at all really. Dad and I had to get our Tex-Mex fix when we got home because there isn't any decent Tex-Mex up there. Sorry FW, but you don't know what good Tex-Mex is. Personally, I'm convinced you can't get decent Tex-Mex outside of San Antonio. I know I'm a San Antonian and I'm extra-picky about it, but really I think it's true. Taco Bell doesn't count as Mexican food. So, we did that and not much else because we were still exhausted. I think I slept most of the day on Sunday. Feeling better now and a little more normal. I went to the library yesterday and went to read at Starbucks a little while. Nothing much. Then I got home to eat dinner and my blood pressure just dropped. I could barely keep my head up and my vision blurred. This really makes me mad because this started happening almost as soon as my doctor switched me from Levoxyl to Synthroid. I really think I felt better on Levoxyl, even though Synthroid is supposed to be the better medication. I just think my body doesn't respond well to it for some reason and I want to go back on Levoxyl, but I don't know when I'll be able to go back to the doctor. Hopefully in a week or so. I'm tired of this happening over and over again.

I also think it's time to adjust my Zoloft or my Trileptal. I've been more emotional, moody, irritable, sad, and overall depressed lately. I think last time I saw the doctor I thought it needed to be adjusted, but the doctor didn't think it was enough to adjust the medication. I'm sure he'd think it's time now. Don't know if I can move up my appointment, though, because he's always so busy. I can try, though. We'll see. : )

Well, I think I'll get back to the job hunt. Seems like that's all I ever do, but I can't give up yet. Talk to you later, peeps.

1 comment:

Bipolar Housewife said...

Just wanted to remind you to order your blood tests from HealthCheck USA before you see Dr R. Make sure to do it with enough time to get your paperwork from them in the mail, and to get your results back in time for your appointment. Saving every penny is worth it in your situation. Sorry I haven't blogged either . . . Just had other stuff to do and didn't want to sit around and type. Anyway, talk to you soon. Weigh-in in 2 hours . . . I'll let you know how I did.