Thursday, April 24, 2008

DUH!

Didn't doubt it for a minute, but the guy was telling me the check would clear. I didn't think so, but he kept saying it would, and even gave me his contact information so that I could return the "money". Yeah, right. So, I didn't expect to have to wire him the money or mail him a money order or whatever. But today, it's official. The check did not clear. I called the bank to double-check. So now I'm in a negative balance on my bank account. I did get the camera, so I can return that now and get the money back. I hate to do it, but I'll have to make some sort of arrangement later. My mom had a plan, so I'll go along with whatever she suggested. I'll get the camera eventually. Hopefully the jobs will follow. But hopefully the money will get credited to my account before the bank has to close the account.

The other "duh" thing is that I had gotten a couple of interviews and I went to Walmart today to pick up some thank you cards so that I could send some out as I'd run out of the old ones. I write them out today and I stick them in the outgoing slot in our mail center. Suddenly, it strikes me that I didn't stamp them. DUH! I'd meant to take them to the post office as I ran out of stamps. Stupid. Obviously, this hasn't been my smartest month. Hopefully things will get better, but I feel pretty stupid lately. Maybe it's my medication or something. I don't know. So, now I have to wait for the cards to come back to me so that I can send them out again, STAMPED this time.

Other than that, not much going on, just the interviews. Not many, just a couple. Still, that's better than nothing. Maybe the cards will matter, but maybe not. You never know. It would look worse to NOT send them, I think. Maybe there's a new job in my future. PLEASE...

My boss took it better than I expected when I told her I was job hunting. In fact, she understood completely and offered to give me a reference. So sweet. If only she'll pay me the money she owes me, though. I think she said beginning of May, but that's a long time to wait when I'm hourly. It's been 5 weeks! That shouldn't happen. Anyway, that's it for now. Almost time to go home. : )

No comments: