Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Travel?

It's a possibility. Don't know yet. It wouldn't be until the end of the summer and, of course, all of this hinges on whether I get a job first. But I'm excited at the prospect. I talked to IP on the phone and she wanted me to come up for a visit. Duh, I'd love to. However, for some of the time I'd be babysitting. Fine. I haven't seen her kids in ages. I know she's really in a bind and had no one else to ask. Her hubby's kids are in college and in summer classes. She and Hubby don't have any more vacation time because they've taken the two weeks before that, and that leaves 2 weeks with no one else who can watch the kids. If I'm still unemployed, I'm the obvious choice as I'd have nothing to keep me from doing it. She'd pay for the flight, compensate me for the time, and we'd still get to spend a lot of time together, something we didn't really get to do a whole lot of at R's wedding. That was the last time I saw her, in 2002. So, I hope I'll get to go because I miss her terribly since she moved to NJ. We still end phone calls by saying, "I love you." We're like sisters.

Of course, that's not to say that there wouldn't be something great about having to tell her I couldn't go because I couldn't get time off work. I'd love to find a job. Then, I'd have money to visit another time on my own. I wouldn't want to put her in a bind again with no one else to help her, but really I need a job pretty badly.

Assuming this works out, though, I have one question. You can e-mail TSA, which I did, but they just sent me some automated response that details the already posted security regulations. My question is whether there's some way I can take my toothpaste in my carry on. It's a 6 oz. tube and too large for the 3 oz. restriction on liquids, gels, etc. But, it doesn't come in a travel size and it's the only brand I could find that doesn't have flouride, which I'm allergic to. I don't know if I'd be able to find it up there as it's hard to find down here. So, I'd prefer to take it with me. Don't know if they can make an exception. Even if I have to get a note from the doctor, I'll do it. I just don't know what else to do, except to buy an extra tube and ship it to IP ahead of time. That costs money, though. Money I don't have. : ( We'll see what happens.

No comments: