Sunday, April 1, 2007

My First Post

Here I am making my first post on Blogger. I did have a blog on MSN Spaces, but I think this will be better, although I can't yet figure out how to put my art in the header. Still, I've barely been here and I have time.

Lately, nothing much is going on. Poor Bucky (my pet papillon) had to get a partial bath today. He had poo sticking to his butt. He has long fur and sometimes that happens. I basically washed his rear end and his legs, so he got off easy. AND it's not cold out or raining. I think we've got rain coming on Tuesday, though, so I hope it doesn't go on forever. This is our rainy season here in SA, although we don't usually get rain for days on end or anything. That we had rain almost every day last week was unusual. So, it's hot and sunny, which is a typical end of March type day, although today is April 1. Mom's birthday! I won't say how old she is or I'm sure she'd kill me. : ) I'll just say she's older than I am. ; )

Friday, I went to the library. I felt like reading some Shakespeare, so I went over to the Ss in the fiction section and found nothing at all. I was sure they couldn't possibly not have any of his books at all, so I asked this lady there if there were any or if they were maybe all checked out. She told me where they were and I said I'd looked in the fiction section and she looked at me like that was the dumbest thing I could have said. Well, they're works of fiction so naturally, I assumed they'd be in the fiction section. But they're in the nonfiction section, as if that makes sense. So I had to sort through the biographies and literary critics to find any of his plays that weren't just the "Cliff's Notes" type of books. Hard. They didn't have that many of his plays, which is weird for a library. So now I'm reading Hamlet for probably the 4th or 5th time. I wish it was the unedited version, but beggars can't be choosers, right? Oh, and by the way, yes I'm a nerd. Maybe I should have mentioned that first off.

Yesterday, I had lunch with Dad. We got Chinese, if you care. It was so humid because of the rain lately that the forecast for 75F seemed way low. It felt like 90F. I mentioned this to the guy at Starbucks (our local friendly barista named Damon), who laughed at me because he said it wasn't really hot yet. Well, I know this is only April and for San Antonio, it wasn't really that hot, but it was uncomfortable and stuffy and icky. And it felt hot to me. Anyway, Dad, who's normally "cold-natured" as he puts it, was even hot. So Dad didn't get his usual grande decaf and got a Frappuccino instead. That sounded good, so I got one, too. I guess I just wanted the coldest beverage I could get. And it's only getting hotter from here...

I did want to mention that I've been using this great product from Olay. It's the thermal skin polisher and it's got a little glycolic acid in it, so it's like a mini-peel treatment after 10 days of use. It's great! My skin looks fantastic. I'll admit I still have acne scars from taking Paxil early on in my treatment, but the breakouts are less often and the scars I do have are a little lighter and not as pronounced. Well, I notice a difference anyway. I'm sure my scars are still pretty obvious, but hey. Whaddayagonnado? It looks better than before. I'm definitely going to keep using this product and I recommend it to you if you've been wanting a peel but didn't want to pay for it. The Olay product is a little expensive for a cleanser, but it's worth it for the results. Well, I guess you should cleanse your face first to get the makeup off, so it's really more of a treatment than a cleanser. But whatever. Anyway, try it.

That'll do it for this post. Stay tuned for more, should you wanna hear from a bipolar nerdy girl.

No comments: